Re: [dannf@debian.org: cdd-doc licensing]

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, dann frazier wrote:

> I was poking through cdd-doc in svn and noticed that it is licensed under
> the GFDL - should this be changed to the GPL, given the DFSG compatability
> issues?
What do you think about it.  I have to admit that I do not really understand
all this licensing fuss, but if I'm not completely wrong GFDL is not
incompatible to DFSG per se but only if there are some certain additions.

Anyway, I would just choose a DFSG compatible license to avoid all trouble
but I will not spend my time with licensing issues (flame wars).  Just give
concise and well thought reasons which make absolutely clear that cdd-doc
is incompatible to DFSG and make a suggestion which would fix that.