Re: xdebconfigurator support in base-config

|| On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:10:58 +0200
|| Free Ekanayaka <free@agnula.org> wrote:

fe> Hi,
fe> what do you think   about  including xdebconfigurator support to   the
fe> finish item of base-config?

I don't think finish be the right place for it. I think we should
create another menu item, hiden by default.

fe> We can use the code from debian-br-cdd and  skolelinux, and trigger it
fe> with an hidden debconf  question like:

fe> db_get debian-installer/xdebconfigurator || true

We could but it on base-config space like:

base-config/run_xdebconfigurator

fe> so that it  won't affect the  current behaviour of base-config at all,
fe> but  at the  same    time it  would  be   available for who   needs it
fe> (e.g. CDDs).

Sure and another good think is the not needed to be a dependencie,
only a suggestion of base-config.

The really good think is leave on Debian the major of code needed for
CDDs. This is really good since we have a common part for all CDDs and
make a lot easier for us fix bugs.

I not sure if this can be included on sarge. We will need to have new
templates and translators will need to deal with it but if it is not
problem we can do it. (joeyh, what you think?)

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116