Re: [offtopic] chroot + debconf (ncurses)

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 18:29 +0200, Lluis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a group of scripts to master a bootable knoppix-based CD from
> scratch (now it makes a basic CD, there's only the automated contruction of
> miniroot missing), but I've met a little problem.

G'day,

<plug>

You might want to take a look at isomaker/mmaker in our (Morphix's)
repository [1]. It does exactly this, uses xml files for generating
livecds, can be used as a C library or from the commandline
(uninterrupted, no questions asked) and is being hacked on by quite a
few people. We even have a miniroot generator, which uses .udeb's for
building from scratch. It rocks!

I used it to generate the first UserLinux livecd (not one of my best,
but useful for testing it out) and Ubuntu livecds (which should be
released any second now, and rock even more)

Naturally I'm biased. But I do wonder why so many people are reinventing
the wheel :) Maybe I should shout harder:

Live CDs with a single command! Need I say more? :)

cheers,
Alex

[1] http://www.morphix.org/debian

</plug>

| Alex de Landgraaf            | The cure for boredom is curiosity |
| Student AI & CS, VU, A'dam   |  There is no cure for curiosity   |
| Phone: 06-16844084           |                                   |
| GPG: http://www.alextreme.org/key_alex.asc    /'-'\              |
| www.alextreme.org & www.morphix.org          ( o o )             |