Re: Tasksel support added to cdd-dev at trunk

at> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Did you changed the scripts to put tasksel information on -common package?
at> Yes.  I checked it in yesterday.  Sorry I forgot that svn-mail does not
at> work.  Unfortunately I'm absolutely unhappy with the layout.  The bugs

at>       #273797    and     #273801

at> are the big show stoppers here.  I do not know anything about this mysterious
at> /usr/share/tasksel/*.desc files.  If I would know anything I would like to
at> create subdirectories in

Sure.

at>      /usr/share/tasksel/task-files

Current tasksel version only read .desc files on
/usr/share/tasksel. All need be included there.

at> for each CDD and change

at>      /usr/lib/tasksel/packages/task-files

This can be changed, possible, for task-cdd to leave clear this is
used by one.

at> to something like appropriate, but this "Packages:" key in the *.desc
at> has perhaps to be changed or whatever - I just do not know how to proceed. :-(

Why? I don't see a reason.

at> Moreover I'd like to do a sane handling of a ${cdd}-common package.  Currently
at> the name common is excluded from the list of tasks in cdd-gen-control but I've
at> thought about that and I think I should just move the common template from
at> the common directory (and leave only the config or other optional binaries
at> and manpages there) to tasks.  If the user would not provide such a task
at> it can be created from a template containing the basic things which are needed
at> for every task.  BTW, I moved the tasksel files also to ${cdd}-common
at> instead of having a further package ${cdd}-tasks.  What do you think about this?

Sure. I was looking at it yestarday and is same I was
thinking. -commom should be used like any other task.

Only another issue. I think we should release the version as 0.3.10
and not 0.3.9.1 OR 0.3.90 like GNOME does.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116