Re: Building headless network install the proper way

Sam Liddicott wrote:

1) I want to add a package to the initrd as built using the debian-installer builder. How do I go about having the package build statically? Is this what I should be doing?

OK, I worked out how to build udebs with the notes at the end of the debian installer file:
debian-installer/installer/docs/modules.txt

and the notes in
debian-installer/installer/build/README

by putting the built udebs in build/localudebs and listing them in build/dpkg-lists/local

When the:
fakeroot make rebuilt_netboot
(or whatever) fails cos some symbols are missing, do:

dpkg -s packge

on whatever udebs you have (also installed as .debs) and see what libraries they depend on. Get the source to those libraries and build them as udebs the same way and put them in build/localudebs

rinse and repeat.

I'll see where this gets me. (still rinsing and repeating)

Sam