Re: [debian-knoppix] cloop from srcatch using debootstrap & knoppix debs

Am Sonntag, 25. Juli 2004 23:51 schrieb mammique:
> > since yesterday ;-) there is:
>
> Ha ! Amazing ! :-)

Yeah. Its really cool. :-)

> > - Make a new partition say /dev/hda8 (at least 6 GB should do), mount it
> > to say mount /dev/hda8 /mnt/hda8 and debootstrap a basic debian to it
> > (debootstrap sarge /mnt/hda8), run base-config
>
> Ok, is it possible to do it in a normal directory ?

Yes, of course.

You just have to outcomment the line mount -o remount,ro / in the
Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed.

> > I did this sucessfully this night. ;-)
>
> I'll try it as soon as possible (tonight maybe)

;-).

> > We (me and Danix.cz developers) hope that we can create modules and
> > scripts for X as well to make setup of your own basic live CD even
> > easier.
>
> Do you know iBuild ? I'm working with them for this kind of things. It
> may be very usefull.

I didn't knew iBuild until now ...

> > Also of course there are still scripts missing to create the miniroot.
>
> Ha ! I allready made that, you should take a look at my scripts, it's
> dirt (will be rewriten from scratch for iBluid), but it works :

Very nice. You add the missing bit!

> Look at "boot" parameter :
>
> # ./garbure boot

Well its just cloning, but I think I can use some of that code.

> I also makes the main & the help screens (F2, F3) & bootsplash.

I'm against bootsplash.

A JPEG-decoder does not belong into the kernel. But this is of course imho.

We have made a very nice splash screen without kernel patch ;-).

Checkout knoppix 3.4 with "splash" cheatcode.

> Thank you very much.

Its good to know that we finally can work in a team to make the Knoppix From
Scratch dream true.

cu

Fabian