Re: Doc packages

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> To me, the doc merge is the right thing to do.
While I'm not really convinced I would follow your suggestions but
I think we are now facing two problems:

   1. Release cycle: I found out that there are periods with more
      coding activity and others with mor doc editing activity. If
      we release in one source package we would be forced to release
      code and docs at the same moment which is not the best idea, IMHO.

   2. For the projects tree:  I wanted to merge the med-docs package
      to SVN.  Now I'm facing the problem, that there is a "docs"
      directory existent (which contains the menu helpers).  It would
      be very confusing for users to have a docs and a doc directory.

While 1. is a problem I do not know a good solution for I think that
my idea with the docs directory is generally bad (Brocken At Design).
I think if it is connected to the menus we should move this directory
to menu.  While doing this move I would like to hear your opinion about
creating the menu entries at the target system as I suggested in the
last paragraph of the target system

 http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ch-technology.en.html#s-meta-package-menus

What do you think about this?