Re: [Cdd-commits] cdd/doc/common/debian changelog,1.4,1.5

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> > +cdd-doc (0.3) unstable; urgency=low
> > +
> > +  * UNRELEASED
... I'm not in a hurry with the new release - I just wanted to store the
changes in the changelog and to avoid the confusion I caused in the cdd
package I tagged it UNRELEASED. ;-)

> Speaking of which, I do intend on making quite a few more edits before
> we release.  I'm not done yet, and I've noticed in the last bunch of doc
> commits a number of errors.  These errors are not only in the new
> material, but in existing text that I had proofed and corrected, and was
> "improved" in such a way that broke rules of grammar, usage or
> punctuation.  I am waiting for the changes to "settle down" before
> proofing and correcting again.
My plans of restructuring are stalled a little bit.  This was caused by more
work than expected in the cdd package and on the other hand because I think
it is not so bad as I had it in mind.  At least nobody shouted: The general
structure of the cdd-doc sucks. ;-)

> But don't take any of my grumbling to
> heart -- I do want people to continue to make changes to the doc as they
> see fit.
Your work is greatly appreciated and we definitely need a native speaker
to fix obscure bugs.  I think I'll decide according to the amount of changes
when to release 0.3.  Perhaps I'll keep a certain deadline in mind because
I will have a three weeks holiday from 17.7. to 8.8. this year where I will
be completely off-line.  Perhaps releasing the docs before this date is
a good idea and my "unproductive" time gives you all a chance to fix the
nasty bugs and release 0.3.1 as bug fix release. ;-)