Re: PTS: Binary packages not listed

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:

> > Is not possible build the control  file in configure target, before the build?
>
> That won't help, since a source package should on rebuild not be
> functionally different, I don't see why it isn't possible to do stuff in
> the clean target that can already be done later on.
Well the clean target brings the building directory in the shape it is
in the source tarball.  The sense of our debian/control template
is just to be clean of any binary target information.  Thus the clean
target has the task to *remove* the information we need in the next
step to obtain a *.dsc file with all information.  The only solution
would be a hook inbetween building the source tarball and the *.dsc
creation.

> I didn't yet look at cdd-dev though... maybe I should. Prod me about it
> some other day, and I will.
May be this would help.  The shortest way is to look at the source
of debian-med packages which build depend from cdd-dev.  If you
want to see the "hacky solution" for the problem check out CVS
of cdd and debian-med package.