Re: Pre-Depends support in cdd-gen-control

	at> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:
	>> I'm including a revisited version. This doesn't work in previous
	>> patch.
	at> It seems you are refering to a local repository and not the alioth CVS.

	at> If you ask me I would see no reason to include also Pre-Depends in
	at> cdd-gen-control.  This is only a feature of a program which absolutely
	at> does not harm.  But I think we should explicitely document that this
	at> feature should be used with a grain of salt.  Pre-Depends should be
	at> discussed in any case at debian-devel and thus we should not lower
	at> this boundary by just providing a tool for users who might not know
	at> the correct usage.

        Right. I'll commit it then.

	at> BTW, if you are at patching cdd-gen-control: It has two bugs which
	at> bother me more than this missing feature.  It can neither handle versioned
	at> dependencies nor alternatives as they are used in in connection with
	at> virtual packages.  Just try

	at>    Depends: debianutils (>= 2.6.2), mozilla-browser | www-browser

        humm, I can take a look at it later.

	at> So if you ask me, feel free to propagate your Pre-Depends patch to the
	at> alioth CVS.

        Ok. I will.

	at> PS: What about your plans with the subversion move?

        People here was discussing about witch alternative we should
        use: Subversion x Arch. My choice is to subversion.

        When all people agree I can begin it.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116