Re: CDD and Debconf

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 07:05:03PM -0300, Enrico Zini wrote:
>  1) Do everything with standard Debian packages, configured with Debconf
>     Preseeding (when possible)
>  2) When this fails, tweak config using cfengine, sharing the tweaks
>     with other groups
>  3) When this fails, maintain a new package in a separate apt repository

That's cool, but doesn't it break policy? (only conffile onwer
may modify conffiles)
That's not clear to me.

Point 3: Why not in experimental? fitting perfectly with the idea of
virtualized testing distro.
Putting it in an external repository breaks the 100%-Debian idea.

I'll send some notes I wrote a couple of days ago on list.

	c.