Workshop on Custom and Derivative Debian Distributions

This message is to announce a 'Workshop' on 'Custom and Derivative Debian
Distributions' that is going to take place during the I CONGRESO DE SOFTWARE
LIBRE.  COMUNIDAD VALENCIANA (1st FREE SOFTWARE CONGRESS.  VALENCIAN COMUNITY)
that is going to take place during the days 6, 7 and 8 of May in the 'Museo de
las Artes y las Ciencias Príncipe Felipe' of Valencia, Spain.

The congress is asociated with the LliureX project <http://www.lliurex.net/>
(no english version right now, sorry), a project of the 'Conselleria de
Cultura, Educación y Deporte' of the 'Generalitat Valenciana' that has as its
main goal the introduction of the new Comunication and Information
Technologies based on free software in the Educational System of our comunity.

One of the fundamental works of the LliureX project is the development of a GNU/Linux
distribution that, on its first version, is going to be based on Debian Sarge.

In order to avoid the duplication of efforts the inital idea is that this
distribution has to be, as far as possible, a 'Custom Debian Distribution'.

The goal of the 'workshop' is to introduce our inital model for the
development of the LliureX distribution and to share the experiences of the
different Debian based Distributions (derivative or 'Custom') and exchange
information.

The organization has invited some people from Spanish Debian Derived
Distributions and from current Debian Custom Distributions, but anyone
interested will be welcomed.

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69