Working towards a stable release

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:30:39PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Cosimo Alfarano wrote:
>
> > Regarding manpages and doc: I'd ask to other CDDs to try to read
> > manpages and understand how scripts work.
> Sounds like we should engage an advertising company. ;-)

I will look them over and submit patches.  Doc is something I enjoy and
do fairly well.

> > If you use a single unix group (named as the CDD) which contains all CDD
> > users, I think you can do it all with cdd-0.3, so please try it.
> Sure.  As I said it works at least as before with Debian-Med and thus
> it was qualified enough for upload.
>
> > If you do not use it, please explain what you are using :)
> :)

I am cautiously proceeding with switching junior-* to using cdd.  My
hand-rolled system lacks some of the features the cdd package provides, but
it works and is stable.  But if we are fast approaching a stable cdd package
release, I will start the necessary changes now.  Just let me know your
confidence level with the current cdd package (and your rough estimate of
how much time we have left :) and I'll make a decision accordingly.  I would
certainly like the menu feature in Debian Jr. for sarge, provided that all
issues are resolved by the time sarge releases, as the lack of menus in
Debian Jr. remains its most glaring deficiency.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org