Re: attemp to modularize

[Cosimo Alfarano]
> What should be done by Debian subproject is a list of needings and
> projectual decision with their reasons: what they'd need in a
> super-infrastructure which achieves to handle CDD generic issues.

Good idea.

> - menu handling

We have a tool for creating KDE menus for groups of users, showing
different programs in the K menu based on the group membership.  It is
currently called kschoolmenu.  I suspect it could form the base for a
generic tool to edit the menus of CDDs.  My current plan for the tool
is to rename it (get rid of the school part, it is not school
related), and upload it into Debian.  I'm not sure if it work in KDE 3
(I believe it do), and would also like it to work with the generic
menu framework in Debian instead of only KDE menus.  The source is in
Skolelinux CVS, and the binaries for woody in this APT source:

  deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/ woody local

Any skilled KDE and/or Debian menu developer around?