Re: Live CDs for CDDs

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:

>   Yes, I agree, but sometimes it is not possible to be a CDD (i.e. if
>   you have to include non-free software or want special versions of the
>   packages for whatever reason).
Sure.  Why not building a CDD and provide only this little peace of
software in addition?

>   And talking about LinEx, I know that tomorrow they are going to have
>   the *First gnuLinEx Developers Meeting* and they are going to present
>   the first Beta of gnuLinEx 2004, based on Debian Sarge. I will not be
>   able to attend, but I'll try to talk with some of the developers to
>   know what they think about the things we are disscussing here.
Thanks.  I hope to meeet them again in Valencia.  I really like the
people from Spain.

>   Yes, I've read it, but it is not exactly my proposal, your description
>   has more manual work than mine, my idea was to leave all the
>   configuration / customization tasks to the CDD tools.
Hmm - perhaps I overread something..  Would youu be so kind to provide
a patch for my document.  I'm happy abbout any useful hint.

>   Is there any public mail with his arguments? I have not looked at the
>   project, but if it's not the way to go I would like to know why.
Not that I know of.  I have to search my private mail archive and
should add the main difference of Debix, Metadistros and debian-knoppix
to the docs for further reference.