Re: Debian Science related blog post (about Debian usage @ EDF)

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
[ please Cc:-me on replies, I'm not subscribed ]

Hello scientists!,
  I've blogged about my visit at EDF which is using Debian, and most
notably quite some work of Debian Science, to power their clusters and
desktops.

The post is at
http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2010/05/Debian-based_scientific_computing_at_EDF/
and kudos your work, so it's probably appropriate to mention it here :)

Related to that, I'm now collecting some feedback about other users of
Debian in scientific computing / cluster environments. What would be the
most appropriate venue to have people interested in that topic discuss
together? Would this list be appropriate or should I rather request a
new list, e.g. debian-hpc@lists.d.o, to replace the (long dead it seems)

Many thanks for your feedback,
Cheers.

Hi Stefano

Thanks a lot for this very instructive post.
According to Carsten, a hpc dedicated list could not have a very long life but we can try and see.

--
Best regards,

--

Jean-Bernard Yata
System Engineer

Debian France Mirror Maintainer : debian.revolsys.fr
--

Linux Debian User Group & Community :
IRC   : irc.debian-mirror.com/#linux