Re: Debian Science related blog post (about Debian usage @ EDF)

Hi Stefano et al.

[please cc me as well, as I'm not on d-science@l.d.o

On Thursday 27 May 2010 14:12:09 Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> The post is at
> http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2010/05/Debian-based_scientific_computin
> g_at_EDF/ and kudos your work, so it's probably appropriate to mention it
> here :)

Nice post and I can put a big tick behind any of the items, Debian is just
great although I'm not understanding why they need "calibre" instead of "pure"
Debian. I'm definitely interested in sharing knowledge with you/them/anyone.

> Related to that, I'm now collecting some feedback about other users of
> Debian in scientific computing / cluster environments. What would be the
> most appropriate venue to have people interested in that topic discuss
> together? Would this list be appropriate or should I rather request a
> new list, e.g. debian-hpc@lists.d.o, to replace the (long dead it seems)

debian-hpc sounds nice, but I fear that it will eventually die as well as the
group of people is very, very small. But at least I think it's worth a try.

Cheers

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany