starting a cluster

Ok as a proof of concept in my mind I would love to know how would be the "easiest" method of being able to create a 2 cluster computer system using debian to fully utilize two machines CPU cycles and ram alotments to run off of a single pre-existing app?

Or is this *requiring* that I write my own app in principle I would love to take some graphically intensive app and distribute it over both to allow for a more speedy interface and or perhaps a more enjoyable interface.

All of the documentation looks like it was meant for a scientist but I'm sure that there is a more down to earth proven version of this as I do have experience with the unix/linux/debian/etc OS and variants for at least 5 years so I guess I can handle it.

Just asking what you would recommend for this and how would be the easiest way to deal with it.

--
"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of 10 million is a statistic" -- Joseph Stalin

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit"
(Translation:
Everything changes, nothing is lost.)
-- Ovid, _Metamorphoses_