View cluster settings

Hi im an student of Chile and i have a cluster with six nodes in which all of them are connected to a switch and they can see each of them with my dns server. All the nodes are in debian 3.1 sarge included dns server. So i wanted to now if i miss anything else for my settings to start programming?. Other questions that i have is that i wanted to set a cluster with jpvm, its right to use a virtual machine or make it throught native code like pvm or mpi?. The question is because i wanted to make a web apps in which envolve the cluster and make it transparent to the end users.

--
Joksan Nempu Fernandez
Estudiante Ingeniería Civil en Computación e Informática.