Re: distributed batch processing

Last I checked, OpenPBS was still free as in beer and source
was available.  Wether it is free as in Stallman is another matter.
It is still part of the OSCAR cluster solution
(http://www.csm.ornl.gov/oscar/home.html)

There are some others available as well:

  Sun's Grid Engine (http://gridengine.sunsource.net)
  which is a reincarnation of Codine, which was a reincarnation
  of DQS.

  The Condor (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor) cycle-scavenging
  batch system.

  GenericNQS (http://www.gnqs.org/) which is mostly dead, but