Re: sgi

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

>Indeed, PVM can also run a single parallel job across a heterogeneous
>cluster.  But I know that mpich can't do that for MPI parallel jobs
>(http://bugs.debian.org/31779), and I don't believe lam can either.

I have never use MPI in heterogeneous clusters, but what about
specifying the architecture
using the arch argument of mpiexec?
The mpiexec manual page in the LAM MPI distribution says that the user
can specify
the architecture using this argument.
If you use LAM you can check your architecture string with laminfo. For
example in my computer
this returns i386-pc-linux-gnu. In case of SGI wouldn't this return
something like mips-sgi-linux-gnu?
If this is true would still be a problem to use MPI in a heterogeneous
cluster?

Konstantinos