Re: openmosix and process migration

-----old problem solved------
I know it's been a while... I figured this one out on my own almost right away after sending the email (go figure)...
turns out
$cat /proc/[xsiPID]/cantmove
monkey

which means shared memory.  openmosix just can't deal with that.

-------new problem---------
anyways, along the same topic -
I have another process mprime  (aka prime95 for windoze)
$cat /proc/[mprimePID]/cantmove
gives nothing.
It is constantly migrating back and forth between a better node and the node the process was started on.  (it's current
count is at 18488 migrations)

obviously this is stupid.  Migrating a process that many times is no good for cluster performance.  For whatever reason,
it cannot stay on a foreign node, but openmosix can't seem to detect this and keep it on the node the process was
started on.
Is there a way to prevent this process from migrating out?  I know it's kind of stupid to be running this on a cluster
when I don't want it to migrate.

for the record, I have tried
$echo 1 > /proc/[PID]/lock
but then I
$cat /proc/[PID]/lock
0
??  why can't I write a 1 to lock the pid?

I have googled and googled and have not found any other ways to prevent a process from migrating...
thanks in advance!
-doug