Re: Mass Install Question

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:26:56AM -0500, Leigh elucidated:
> In prep for a beowulf using Debian (woody), I've been attempting to seek
> out a way to mass install, using an image set on one system. Most I see
> make use of boot floppies, or are for other releases (such as one I found
> for potato, that a bit of digging in mailing lists revealed would not work
> on woody). Is there perhaps a system out there what works on woody and
> can/does use CDs instead of floppies?

If you can get systems with LinuxBIOS, you won't need floppies.
Etherboot is loaded in the BIOS and will boot a kernel for you.
Granted that doesn't necessarily help you load an image, at least not
without some tweaking.

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org