Re: Portmap help

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 02:29:44PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a little initrd script which runs:
>
> ifup -a
> portmap
> mount -n -o ro -t nfs $NFS_SERVER:/path/to/dir /dir
>
> But when this runs, I just get:
>
> mount: RPC: Program not registered
>
> I used to get this a while ago, then put in the portmap call and it ran
> fine, then just in the last week or so it broke again.  Have there been
> changes to sarge portmap and/or mount which might have broken this?
> Would it help to add entries to /etc/hosts.allow?

 Try running rpcinfo -p.  It should show something like
       program vers proto   port
       100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
       100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
       100024    1   udp  32768  status
       100024    1   tcp  32768  status
       100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
       100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
       100021    1   udp  32770  nlockmgr
       100021    3   udp  32770  nlockmgr
       100021    4   udp  32770  nlockmgr
       100005    1   udp  32771  mountd
       100005    1   tcp  32770  mountd
       100005    2   udp  32771  mountd
       100005    2   tcp  32770  mountd
       100005    3   udp  32771  mountd
       100005    3   tcp  32770  mountd

 I haven't done an apt-get dist-upgrade on the sarge machine in my cluster
this week, but if I have the same problems as you, I might be able to shed
some light on things.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)