Re: cluster from intel and ppc?

On Mon 09/29/03 13:23, Jens Ruehmkorf wrote:
> Well, who cares about PVM ;) and in my opinion (Open)Mosix is a very nice
> load balancer but not too useful for parallel programming, even if they
> offer (single-)thread migration some day.

Personally, I find openMosix to be very useful for parallel programming.
I find it much easier to pipe() and fork() than to muck about with MPI
or PVM. For instance, open a pipe and fork a buch of workers, then use
read(2) and write(2) to send your data. Of course, this is just my
opinion and it doesn't really work if there is a ton of data to be
transfered (but then neither does MPI).

--

| Josh Lauricha            |