Re: Making a 2>GB sized file.

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:32:13PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Second, how (un)comfortable are other Debian Beowulfers with the 2.4
> kernel requirement that compiling with these options would entail?  That
> is, making this change would apparently force all mpich programs to run
> with the 2.4 kernel; is that something people are comfortable with?

 My cluster is fairly new, and I just upgraded from RedHat 7.2 to Woody
on it :).  I certainly don't plan on using 2.2 kernels for anything.  (BTW,
my name showed up in the bug report, but I don't know anything about the
bug.  I just suggested some things to try.)

 2.6 will be released soon, so 2.4 will shortly be relegated to the position
2.2 is in now.  (And people will stop trying to push new stuff into it,
since they can do that with 2.6, which should further improve stability.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)