MPI & mpirun freezing

I have a cluster consisting of 11 computational nodes, and 1 head node. The head node is a Dual p2-450, and each comp. node is a 1GHz P3. The computational nodes are technically homogeneous, but they all have the same amount of RAM, same processor, same network card, etc. My problem is thus: My first four nodes are of one type, the last seven of another. Whenever I mpirun a simple program (the pi example program, or even just a hello world program), it basically becomes nonresponsive if I request more than four processes. Any ideas?

Patrick Bogen

Civil Engineering Computer Support Office

Wisenbaker 224-F

5-0335