Re: ssh version 3.4p1-1and RSA authentification

Le jeudi 21 novembre 2002 10:03 +0100, Fabrice Yerly écrivait:
> Dear Debian users,

Hi,

> I've got problems with the new version of ssh and sshd.
[...]
> cp ~/.ssh/known_hosts /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts

> The file /etc/ssh/shosts.equiv did not change, beacuse the nodes names
> are the same.

Did you copy ~/.ssh/known_hosts to /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts on every
node ? You need that if you want every node to be able to ssh to every
other node without a password...

> Here is the ssh_config file
[...]
> # Host *
> #   ForwardAgent no
> #   ForwardX11 no
> #   RhostsAuthentication no
> #   RhostsRSAAuthentication no
>    RSAAuthentication yes

I think you made a mistake here. You should use :

RhostsRSAAuthentication yes

if what you really want to do is allow passwordless login based on
*host-key* RSA authentication. RSAAuthentication is for protocol 1 and
for *user-key* RSA authentication.

If it doesn't work, maybe the output of an "ssh -v nodeX" would be
useful...

Regards,

--
Alexandre Vitrac                         ,''`.
CS-SI                                   : :' :