update-cluster and regular files

I've been looking through the Debian packages for a system to keep
certain files on my nodes synced with those either on a master or at a
master location (preferrable).  update-cluster seems to be restricted
to working with cluster-related software.  Is there a package
recommended for syncing files like /etc/apt/sources.list and
/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf on  all the nodes?  I guess this could be done
manually with dsh, but I'd prefer to just change it at a master
location and have the nodes update themselves (like an apt-get
upgrade).

Thanks,
Matt