Task: parallel-* ?

Greetings,

Did we ever decide on Task: assignments to request from the tasksel maintainers? We used to have task-parallel-computing-dev and task-parallel-computing-node packages. The new way to do this is to have those assigned within tasksel in /usr/share/tasksel/debian-tasks.desc and indicated in by "Task:" fields in control of each package.

We discussed this a while ago, but I don't see anything in there. Did someone send in the request? I think we collectively dropped the ball on this one. If that's the case, here's my proposal:

Task: parallel-computing-dev
Section: devel
A set of tools for developing parallel applications, typically
for installation on a parallel machine, or the "head node" of
a Beowulf cluster.

Task: parallel-computing-node
Section: devel
A set of support tools for parallel applications, typically
needed on the "support nodes" of a Beowulf cluster.

Any thoughts/feedback? If not (within a week or so), I'll submit these to the tasksel maintainer as a wishlist bug, and when they're in, folk are free to put these in the Task: field of your (binary) packages.

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>