beowulf with afs

Hi,

we setup a new concept for a diskless client. The whole OS is taken from
the net with openafs. Now the numeric people came and wished to
calculate. The Beowulf-HowTo expect, that only /home and /usr/local are
shared with NFS between the clients. I don't know how the diskless
clients and Beowulf match. The advantage is, the we can switch the
complete NT pool to a linux pool without any changes at the comters.

afs produces network traffic and so the afs can work against the
calculation. But I don't know.

Does anyone have expirience with diskless clients and Beowulf? With afs
and Beowulf? Are there any benchmarks, that we can run to say it works or
not.

Joerg.