Re: ssh vs rsh

>>>>> "sebastian" == Sebastian Beca C <sebastian@beca.cl> writes:

    sebastian> Hello, I have a question that may have come up a couple
    sebastian> of times before....  ¿How does ssh compare with rsh in
    sebastian> performance? ¿Is there really any added value to
    sebastian> security by using ssh? and finally, ¿what do people
    sebastian> actually use and why?

The real answers are yes and no, yes and no, both and many reasons.

i.e. You need to add a context to this.

Are you talking about starting up PVM or similar processes?  Or are
you talking about shoveling everything through SSH forwarding? Or...???

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu