Re: "NFS Slave"??

> Just to add a few comments, lets work through a thought excercise...

Well, OK...

> a. Why are you using NIS on a beowulf cluster?

To distribute user login information to the nodes. If fact, to distribute
host IP information too, since we do not set up DNS within the private
net. You can distribute NIS netgroup information too, and use that to
reserve part of a cluster to a certain group of users, if you must.

> b. Can you export an NFS mounted file system?

You can do that if you use the old userspace server, it can act as a NFS
repeater. Not recommended, though, since it has some broken features and
is less efficient. You cannot do that using the new in-kernel NFS server,
which you should use since it is mode efficient, robust and reliable.

							Cheers,