Re: pbuilder

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 03:29:00PM +0200, Jens Ruehmkorf wrote:
> But if you want to get rid of your doc/* and man/* files, you could use
> apt.conf(5) and "Post-Invoke" to automatically delete those after having
> installed/updated software. That's a fast and easy way to do it inside a
> chroot-env.

But how do I modify the apt.conf in such a way that
it gets used by both debootstrap and pbuilder and yet
doesn't affect normal installs on my workstation?

Perhaps a better approach is a pbuilder API for this
sort of thing. Perhaps a hook or hooks for user
scripts to intervene at key points before the base.tgz
gets tarballed?

Use Linux: A computer        Dale Amon, CEO/MD
is a terrible thing          Village Networking Ltd
to waste.                    Belfast, Northern Ireland