Re: How do tasks work now?

Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> writes:

> Nope.  Get the tasksel package, and look at
> /usr/share/doc/tasksel/README.  It scans /var/lib/dpkg/available for
> both task-* packages and Task: fields, at runtime.  We can still
> modify Task: for non-base packages, since those are not frozen.

Yes, but what about the /usr/share/tasksel/debian-tasks.desc file?
(And I still want to know what's proper for that file and what isn't)

D'oh!  I need to learn to read.  Sorry. :-)

I guess this is what Junichi meant the other day by:

I think that it has been decided it won't make woody if we did it this way,
and we ask the ftpmaster for an override.

So, I guess this means I shouldn't put "Task: parallel-computing-dev" in petsc-dev's description?

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>