Re: Requesting ideas: diskless systems

> Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> immo vero scripsit
>
> I haven't been clear.
> Let me put it this way:
> I'm adopting "diskless" package. Has anyone had experience with
> it on clusters?

Cool !
I use the diskless package. Not really a real cluster. Though, I do
run MPI benchmarking jobs, small programs, mosix etc. on it. Its basically
a setup, where people use the machines for development and day to day
stuff like email and browsing etc. And in the evenings and nights, we fool
around doing whatever we want. I've had no problems running cluster stuff
on it. Anything that uses IO obviously suffers over NFS.

I have around 16 diskless clients and one server for them. We'll probably
be adding more nodes soon.

I'm using the diskless package, though not properly. I plan to redo the
setup sometime next week or so. Right now, a lot of things are done in
ad hoc ways. I have a lot of ideas, grudges etc. I am willing to help
with development/testing/documentation as much as time permits for the
next 2 months till I am here and have access to the setup.

viral

--
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."