Re: mosix is in unstable.

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 02:27:05PM -0400, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
> Well, the three machines I'm testing on arent' a proper cluster:
>

> +----------+    100Mb                           100Mb   +----------+
> | node 0   +----------+                  +--------------+ node 2   |
> +----------+          |                  |              +----------+
>                 +-----+----+             |
>                 | switch   |             |
>                 +-----+----+             |
>             100Mb     |                  |
>                 +-----+----+ Gbit  +-----+----+  Gbit   +----------+
>                 | switch   +-------+ router   +---------+ switch   |
>                 +----------+       +----------+         +----+-----+
>                                                              | 8Mb
>                                                              | wireless
>                                                         +----+-----+
>                                                         | node 3   |
>                                                         +----------+
>
> What happened is the wireless link went flaky on node3 after sshd from
> node2 had been migrated there.  Um... needless to say this isn't the sort
> of problem you'd see in a production environment!

But, this brings up the point, which services shouldn't be allowed
to migrate ?
Does mosix by default not allow processes to migrate ? The mosix README
suggests using mosrun -h to inittab, for instance.

If mosix allows all processes to migrate by default, then maybe in the mosix
init scripts, this should be disabled. Then, if one wants processes to migrate,
those should be enabled to migrate by hand. What is the right thing to do ?

> :1.0.3 debs are already in unstable. :)
>
> Damn your quick...

Thanks !

> (ascii graphics from M-x artist-mode)

The ascii art diagram was cool !

viral

--
There's someone in my head but its not me.