Re: init dying with NFS root

I wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a Beowulf cluster using NFS root for booting,
> but I'm not having much success.
[...]
> This is all using 2.4.0-prerelease.  (2.2.18 and 2.2.19pre3 both failed
> before even getting to mounting root -- I'm not sure why yet.)  The
> kernel is loaded by LILO from an ext2 filesystem on a floppy or hard
> disk.

Well, I didn't find out what was causing the problem, but I found that
booting from a kernel which was dd'd directly onto the floppy (as
opposed to being loaded by lilo from a filesystem on the floppy) works.
I was using lilo so I could use the kernel boot options, but I can get
around that by using bootp instead.

Now I just need to sort out all the other little problems...

Tim.
--
Tim Bell - bhat@trinity.unimelb.edu.au - System Administrator & Programmer
    Trinity College, Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria, 3052, Australia