Re: MOSIX for progeny

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 06:20:32PM +0530, Viral wrote:
:On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 04:17:44AM -0700, christianlavoie@nupedia.com wrote:

:> And, in any way, that's not a 'Good Solution [tm]'.

My bad, didn't realise the discussion was on policy rather than what
to do now.  I agree it's not a 'Good Solution [tm]'.

:Yes, I agree with Christian. I believe dpkg-divert can be used to divert
:the related conffiles, and there aren't too many that need to be locked.
:But, different people would have different views on this.

I'd suggest diverting /etc/init.d/rc and have it prepend 'mosrun -h'
to all of its start calls, and possibly make this a configure time
option (default perhaps) rather than just what's done.  It's
impossible to predict what deamons are critical in all situations, and
this way only one file needs diverting.

:Another option is to disallow migration as the default.

I would think the common case for people who install MOSIX would be to
allow migration, atleast that's why I installed it.  There will of
course be other cases like workstations with "block"...

:in /etc/init.d/mosix. Probably, /etc/default/mosix can be used to set
:the intended defaults, then.

Having a simple place to set per host policy would be nice.

my $0.01
-Jon