Re: MOSIX for progeny

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 03:26:03PM -0700, christianlavoie@nupedia.com wrote:
> I'm trying to install MOSIX on a home cluster right now, and cannot
> use your packages (progeny installation).

Why don't the packages work on progeny ? Can you send me the exact error
messages ? There was a problem with dh-kpatches not setting PATCHARCH
properly, and that has been fixed. The new debs went into unstable today.
So, if you had trouble with the kernel patch, that might help.

> I was wondering about the '/bin/mosrun -h' prefix they recommend in
> the README, and what did you do to prevent critical daemons from
> being migrated: What did you change? What files?

As noted in README.Debian, I'm not currently doing any such thing.
I've yet to figure out a good way to do this.

I don't want to touch the system files. Probably, in the mosix intialisation,
I could setup mosix so that by default, no processes are migrated.

If inetd.conf, inittab etc. are modified, then what happens when they get
upgraded ? Why don't you join debian-beowulf and post there, which will
evoke many more responses. I am hoping that such a discussion will help
resolve the issue.

viral

--
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too,
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.