Re: AFS

    Tim> AFS had used only krb4, but there were ports to krb5 (from
    Tim> nrl.gov), and now with openAFS, they are 'mainstream'.

    >>  Got a (real/live) URL for these two? Sure, I could go look,
    >> but I'm lazy :)

    Adam> Uh, http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/k/krb5 (I
    Adam> think that's right).  krb5 and openafs are in unstable, go
    Adam> and get them now!

I just got krb5 to work (last week!). I was more thinking of the patch
to AFS to use krb5... ? Or is it better to go with OpenAFS? What's the
differences?

[downloading openafs right now]

    Adam> Well, it's not quite that simple, openafs requires an
    Adam> enormous kernel module, which only builds on i386 (2.2 or
    Adam> 2.4) or PPC (2.4 kernel only).  On my powermac, the 2.4.1
    Adam> openafs module is 1/4 the size of the rest of the
    Adam> (uncompressed) kernel!  And I can't get the i386 module
    Adam> built with kernel-source-2.2.18 to install.  YMMV.

YIKES!!!

I'll get me an old 486 or something to try it out on first then! :)

Thanx...

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are