Re: AFS

    Matthew> On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Viral wrote:
    >> Has anyone used the Andrew File System (AFS) for a cluster ?
    >> Its already packaged for debian, and sounds good.
    >>
    >> How does it compare to NFS ?

    Matthew> AFS is a more secure, high performance alternative to
    Matthew> NFS.

I assume that every UN*X administrator worth his/her salt have been taught that
NFS is a absolute NO-NO on the Internet (or at least should be avoided at all cost :).

How does AFS stand in all this? I know it needs kerberos, but that's about all I
know simply because AFS haven't been (easily?) available to Linux.. Is it now?

Is there any other network FS that is any good? And what are the pro/cons with them?

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are