Re: First Beowulf cluster. Some pointers?

Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> In Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:10:25 +0200 Eray cum veritate scripsit :
>
> > > But in general, it's a nice tool.
> >
> > I agree with that; too bad I haven't had the time to actually try it :/
>
> It sounds quite nice and exciting.
>
> There has been quite a lot of buzzing about packaging MOSIX in the past,
> but has anyone ever come around to doing it ?

Viral and I have been talking about it. now that 2.4.x is out and usable
we might start producing some results. One thing that bugs me is
whether debian kernel module packages can be done for 2.4.x? We should
first look whether that's right. We need to practice with 2.4.x before
we jump to it. I'm currently running 2.4.x but my kernel packages seem
to be a bit unsuitable so I have yet to look how I can build clean
kernel packages, module packages, use modconf with them etc to gain
some confidence.

Regards,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural