Re: Synchronized users/groups/passwords

Hi,
We run a 18 node cluster here.
However much NIS is known to be troublesome.. we've found it very useful
out here, in a closed cluster. Its just so straightforward to setup and
maintain.. adding/removing accounts etc.
Scripts usually break when the system is upgraded, or the machines are not
homogeneous (in terms of distributions etc.)

Similarly, for NFS. If you don't do IO/intensive, then NFS serves very
well for having a common view of a user's files anywhere in the cluster.

And all our machines are diskless. It runs fine with NIS/NFS.

viral