Re: New (experimental) PETSc Debian package

Hi Adam,

Am Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 02:31:55PM -0600 hat Adam C Powell IV getippert:
> Barry Smith wrote:
> >   If you like eventually we can keep a debian package version of PETSc at
> > our web site once it has evolved a bit.
>
> Thanks for the offer, but due to the nature of the Debian package management
> system that won't be necessary.  I'll provide more details if you like.
>
> If I could ask one favor though, mention of the Debian package on the PETSc
> website (perhaps on the download page) would let Debian users they don't need to
> build it from scratch.  When it is mature and on the mirroring system, something
> like the following download page entry will suffice:
>
> "For Debian: the packages petsc1 petsc-dev petsc-doc are in the unstable
> distribution."

One could also include a link in the form of
http://packages.debian.org/petsc

(Have a look at
 http://packages.debian.org/scalapack
 to see what results this gives.)

Regards,
--
Philipp        work                    home
Frauenfelder   pfrauenf@math.ethz.ch   pfrauenf@debian.org