Re: beowulf cluster

"A. Demarteau (debian beowulf)" wrote:

> dear list-members,
[snip]
> Any assistance, material, url's and other information for me to prepare
> for this (I never have used beowulf before this), would be very helpfull.

Hi,
as initial resource a can suggest you the followin,
http://beowulf-underground.org/
under which you can find also the Beowulf Documentation Project. To be honest I
have not read the docs, but It seems interesting.
Links useful:
Project MOSIX:
http://www.mosix.cs.huji.ac.il/
PVM:
http://www.epm.ornl.gov/pvm/
Mpich (free implem.):
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/Projects/mpi/mpich/index.html
Mpi:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/index.html
Lam:
http://www.mpi.nd.edu/lam/overview.php3
But of course there is the primary site:
http://www.beowulf.org/
which has a lot of links, of course. And there's more, like sw packages and
library and more...
But take this for the moment :))

Bye,
Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
      Albert Einstein
Marco Mililotti
email: mililmar@lucy.dii.unisi.it
web  : http://www.dadacasa.com/yah/