Re: MOSIX

> Of course this is the right group. MOSIX adopts certain techniques for
> providing distributed services, say processes, etc. In general, however
i've seen how MOSIX easily migrates processess, but I have no idea how
delays affect performance ('ve seen it used for number crunching at
physics department, so large startup doesen't affect this environment so
much)

> note that you might go for HA quite easily but in many cases HPC will be
> very hard to attain on any system that is just POSIX.
 what other systems allow easy HPC?

> parallel machine, while a distributed OS can't do that very good on its
> own without help from programmer about parallelism)
pvm/mpi allow number crnuching type of distribution, from distributed OS I
expect mainly load balancing ( I'd be probably better of trying to
properly designing my setup, I am just wondering what do people use
MOSIX-style thingies for )

> Do it on MPI, you need a paper or two about HMM computation in parallel probably.
How is MPI better then MPI ? ( i've used pvm, and my teacher said sth
about MPI being known as better technique ). Is MPI available for
different types of machines? ( with pvm I can make ?cluster? out of
bunch of PCs in labs and add to it my 2 processor sparc with solaris )

regards, Eyck