Re: Building a beowuld using debian

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 10:56:06AM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> > and of the required software. Any assistance or pointers to appropriate
>
> The list here is getting to be quite large.  I'm not sure if I even
> know anything comprehensive anymore.  We use here:
>
> lam (runtime, dev, lib)
> scalapack, lapack (dev, test, lib, lam shared packages)
> blas (and atlas!)
> xmpi
>
> plus the standard development stuff.

we're just getting started with Beowulf (i'll admit i know very, very
little about it). here's the apt-get line from the build script (at this
point in the script, Debian is installed locally and an apt-get update
has been done).

apt-get install task-c-dev task-devel-common task-fortran
task-parallel-computing-dev task-parallel-computing-node
task-python-bundle task-science elvis less man-db proftpd ncftp
libwrap0-dev mirrordir rsync lapack lapack-dev lapack-doc python-numeric
scalapack-doc scalapack-lam-test scalapack-mpich-test scalapack-pvm-test
scalapack-test-common libc5 ntpdate

comments?

--
eric a. Farris  eafarris@al.umces.edu  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

Linux: the last service pack you'll ever need.

Men trip not on mountains; they stumble on stones.