Re: Where's lam's mpirun?

Greetings!

Yusuke Tanimura <tanisuke@mikilab.doshisha.ac.jp> writes:

> Hello,
>
> > I'm trying to move the new PETSc package from mpich to lam,
>
> Why?
> The reason is
>
>   * a problem for the PETSc itself?
>   * you can only use the LAM environments?
>   * LAM is superior to MPICH? for PETSc?
>   * or other...?

About 1.5 years ago, I did some crude benchmarking of lam vs. mpich.
They were about equal for big problems.  Lam did significantly better
where latency was an issue, i.e. on small problems.  I'm sure the
situation has changed now -- I just have no more recent information.

By the way, did you see all that update-alternatives bug-fix stuff?
Do our alternatives work right now?