Re: lapack and blas

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Camm Maguire wrote:

> 3) Do 2), and then add the update-alternatives calls into postinst.  I
>    could help here if needed.  Perhaps the reference implementation,
>    whether in a separate package or part of lapack, could be
>    libblas_ref, and the atlas one libblas_atlas, with appropriate
>    links set to libblas.  Since these libs are binary compatible, the
>    soname of all libs should be libblas.so.x.

Don't forget about the third set of BLAS, the "ASCI Red Pentium Pro BLAS
1.1O" (http://www.cs.utk.edu/~ghenry/distrib/).  Alas, these are very
non-free, they don't even allow re-distribution.

Jose

Jose L Marin                                jose@ma.hw.ac.uk
Dept of Mathematics                          marin@wanda.unizar.es
Heriot-Watt University